Update for Space Orbs
I rushed a bit to get Space Orbs ready for the RGCD 16k cart game jam so there were a few issues left to address, some feedback and also a bit more testing time :) My conclusion with the project is that this game is weird and I hope it will be played out of curiosity and maybe inspire someone to make a better iteration in the future!
Fixes from the original release includes:
- A new nuisance was added, a variation of the blocking bug that is cleared when next to a successful match, but that isn't affected by bombs. This was integrated into several levels.
- Balanced most levels so they are not quite as impossible
- Danger level is now more representative of the current situation
- Crunched the .prg file
- Added the "Briefing" that was hinted at on the main menu
- Added a "Play Style" enabling auto switching sides when pushing orbs based on feedback and another mode for disabling switching for a true two player mode.
- Showing level names to give a hint of what to expect!
- Made the random a bit more random
- Multiplier sprites won't freeze when level is complete
- Added a pdf manual and tweaked the instructions a little
This list seems long but it is mostly tweaks, spent most time just playing the game over and over to figure out how to improve things the most :) Even though I'm jumping back to another project now I'm still very interested in any feedback so please share here, on reddit, twitter (@SpaceMoguls) or wherever! I'll find it one day.
Get Space Orbs (C64)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.